Saturday, February 21, 2009

Olivia...almost 3 1/2


Well, I feel like I need to give y'all an update on Olivia. It is amazing how fast she is growing up! She is playing soccer, still loving Karate and going to school half day twice a week.

She still makes us laugh all the time with her stories...

I locked the keys in the car last week when I took her to Karate. So, on the way to Karate the next time, she said, "Now Mom, no locking the keys in the car this time, Mom. You have to be careful. I don't want to sit outside and wait, okay, Mom."

Our friend who watches the girls has a little boy named Kolton who is just a little younger than Olivia. She was sitting by him and said "Kolton, do you know the difference between good things and bad things? Like, when I clean up my toys after I play with them, well...thats a good thing. And, when I push my sister accidently sometimes, well, that is a bad thing, ya know Kolton?"

Gabi went to nursery at Church for the first time last week. After Church she said, "Hey Gabi girl, did you have a good time in Nursery today? Did you like your teacher?" I told her Gabi had a good time. Olivia asked,"She didn't even cry at all, Mom?" I said, "Only for a few minutes at first." Olivia responded, "Well, thats okay Gabi, that is just what babies do."

We went and bought her a pair of new glasses. At the store, Olivia finds this pair and goes up to the optometrist and says,"Ron, these are literally the cutest pair of glasses I have ever seen. I need a new "restriction" for my glasses so I want these." Ron said, "literally?" Liv said, "Literally." So Ron asked her if she had her credit card to pay for the glasses and Liv said, "No, I'm not big enough for a credit card, but my Mom has one."

Poor Liv has had the worst ear aches and infections. She went to the doctor and said, "Dr. I have and ear confection. I need some medicine to make it better. I don't understand why these ear confections keep coming back and getting worser." Then K.C. gave her a blessing and started praying with her to make it better. So, she has been coming up to us and says with a huge smile, "Heavenly Father blessed my ear confection and made it better. If I need my ear confection better, I just have to pray to Heavenly Father and he will bless it better."

I mean, I think I have come to the conclusion that I can learn the basics of life's lessons from my little 3 year old!!

3 comments:

Breklyn said...

Hooray for the update-FINALLY! Not like you have time. Love Livvy's little know it all attitude, too funny! And quite the mother to little sis. So fun to see new pics of the girls, they're both getting so big! I need to come see you again and actually stay with you. Miss you like crazy! LOVE YOU!

Breklyn said...

And that girl "literally" cracks me up!

Sticks and Stones said...

LOVE little Liv in her cute little shin guards! Oh how I can hear her now. She is so grown up for her age. Wow, this is all making me miss you so much! I thought I saw you at the gym the other day - really I thought it was you . I almost bolted off my treadmill (during tred) and attacked this pour lady with a bear hug. Good thing I got a closer look & stopped myself! I was sad when I realized it wasn't you. :(